We are open for urgent ‘podiatry’ treatments, operating a limited clinic only. All our other services will not be running until further notice. We thank you for your support.
The well-being of our customers and staff is our highest priority and we would like to reassure you that we are adhering to the advice provided by the UK Government, NHS and the World Health Organisation.
All our employees are being kept fully informed of current requirements and are undertaking strict health and safety measures to ensure the highest possible health and safety standards are maintained throughout all aspects of our daily work.
We are doing everything we can to protect our staff and customers during the COVID-19 outbreak. As a health clinic, we have and always will provide the highest level of hygiene possible both within our clinic, public places and for our patients’ health in line with the health and safety legislation.
BUT in order to do everything we can to keep everyone who needs to see us safe, please ask yourself the following questions:-
- Have you recently visited a high risk area (area 1 on the NHS 111 website – www.111.nhs.uk) or have been in direct contact with someone diagnosed with Covid-19.
- Have you developed a fever or a new cough? (Government advice is to self isolate for seven days if you have a new continuous cough and/or a high fever (>37.8c). If a member of your household is showing symptoms of Covid-19 you should ALL self isolate for fourteen days. You should call NHS 111 if your symptoms are worsening but please do not visit your GP or other healthcare environment unless you are told to do so.
- Are you in desperate need to be seen? (PAIN and DISCOMFORT is desperate and of course we will see you).
- Are you AT RISK? (COPD, lung disease, cancer, diabetes, over 70’s and/or in general poor health). This does not mean you cannot access healthcare. If you are a high-risk patient, we are happy to offer you an appointment with bigger gaps between yourself and the patients before and after, so you minimise the risk of cross infection.
- We are doing the following to protect you:-
- We provide sanitisers/gel for all staff and patients’ use in public areas and clinic rooms.
- We are screening all patients before their appointments.
- We use sanitising wipes for all surface areas, chairs, plinths and equipment pre and post each individual patient as we have always done, but even more rigorously.
- We are sanitising all public areas regularly – desks/chairs, door handles, light switches, card machines etc with the most relevant sanitiser.
- We are all handwashing on a regular basis.
- We are using single-use sterile gloves.
- We only use sterilised instruments as per our guidelines and our standard protocol which stipulates a sterilisation temperature of 364 Degrees Celsius.
- We have an even stricter daily and weekly cleaning procedure in place.
- For further reassurance, we are not a crowded place, and safely run on a one-to-one appointment basis.
- We have always adhered to a ‘no-touch” aseptic technique – this is normal for us! we have just increased the extent & frequency of this.
- You are all welcome to wash your hands upon entering or leaving the premises.
- We kindly ask that all patients limit the number of people they attend with to just one. This will help us greatly with infection control.
- We have introduced a system where we can take payment over the phone the day before your appointment. Alternatively, we ask you to bring the correct money to help with social distancing.
- We will be offering telephone and video call consultations chargeable at our normal fee for those who need it. We will be able to post products you can use at home immediately to start treating your condition. We can review your treatment, advise on specific exercises, stretches. Advice on training and running techniques and footwear and running shoes. We can review the results of investigations. We can direct you on appropriate insoles and shoe inserts for your condition. We can also request investigations and plan interventions going forward.
- For those who do not wish to attend our clinic, then whilst the UK Government allows it and neither our staff nor anyone in your household shows any signs of infection, we are happy to visit you at your home for podiatry treatments at the standard home visit fee. Please call us on 01634 723 600 if you would like to discuss this option. Due to the demand there is a 4 week wait for this service.
- Our staff have all been well-trained and are being kept updated on government advice.
We want to keep you on your feet and mobile as much as possible so you can concentrate on your health and well-being, but we want to do our best to keep you safe. If you need help, please call us.
Please be mindful of the situation and don’t put yourself or others at unnecessary risk.
If you have any specific requirements or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for trusting us to help you. Keep safe.
Founder & Owner